Can we all agree to pretend that 2020 never happened? This year has been filled many untold tragedies for so many people. My family and I are one of the lucky ones who made it through relatively unscathed, and for that, I am thankful. We spent a lot of time indoors together and even found time to watch a few TVB dramas.
Okay, we found time to start a few TVB dramas, but I didn't actually finish most of them.
- Forensic Heroes IV - Is it possible to create a more emotionless series? Discover crime scene, collect evidence, run a few tests, case solved. Rinse and repeat.
- Brutally Young - The best drama in a long while. I can't remember the last drama that had me at the edge of my seat and eagerly awaiting the next episode. Five stars if it had ended at episode 16.
- Airport Strikers - You would never know this was a police series because there was so little policing.
- Death By Zero - Nice to see TVB trying something new, but it was not my cup of tea.
- Al Cappuccino - How this series got 22 award nominations is a mystery. It had too many annoying characters, which is too bad because I could not enjoy the few breakthrough performances.
- The Witness - Him Law and Kelly Cheung make a cute couple in the few scenes that I saw.
- Line Walker: Bull Fight - On my list to finish, but will probably move to the dropped list soon.
- Legal Mavericks 2020 - See above.
- Designated Survivor - The first two seasons were great. The last season can be skipped, unless you didn't get enough election talk this year.
- Kim's Convenience - A hidden gem that is set in Canada!
- FBI - A routine procedural.
- The Queen's Gambit - I caught the chess craze even though I am terrible at.
- Quiz - A 3 episode mini-series about a cheating scandal on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? I will gladly debate the verdict with anyone who has watched it.
- Birds of Prey
- Bad Boys for Life
- I'm Livin' It
- P Storm
- Black and Blue
- Crazy Rich Asians
- El Camino
- My Spy
- Charlie's Angels