Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Can we all agree to pretend that 2020 never happened? This year has been filled many untold tragedies for so many people. My family and I are one of the lucky ones who made it through relatively unscathed, and for that, I am thankful. We spent a lot of time indoors together and even found time to watch a few TVB dramas.
Okay, we found time to start a few TVB dramas, but I didn't actually finish most of them.
- Forensic Heroes IV - Is it possible to create a more emotionless series? Discover crime scene, collect evidence, run a few tests, case solved. Rinse and repeat.
- Brutally Young - The best drama in a long while. I can't remember the last drama that had me at the edge of my seat and eagerly awaiting the next episode. Five stars if it had ended at episode 16.
- Airport Strikers - You would never know this was a police series because there was so little policing.
- Death By Zero - Nice to see TVB trying something new, but it was not my cup of tea.
- Al Cappuccino - How this series got 22 award nominations is a mystery. It had too many annoying characters, which is too bad because I could not enjoy the few breakthrough performances.
- The Witness - Him Law and Kelly Cheung make a cute couple in the few scenes that I saw.
- Line Walker: Bull Fight - On my list to finish, but will probably move to the dropped list soon.
- Legal Mavericks 2020 - See above.
- Designated Survivor - The first two seasons were great. The last season can be skipped, unless you didn't get enough election talk this year.
- Kim's Convenience - A hidden gem that is set in Canada!
- FBI - A routine procedural.
- The Queen's Gambit - I caught the chess craze even though I am terrible at.
- Quiz - A 3 episode mini-series about a cheating scandal on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? I will gladly debate the verdict with anyone who has watched it.
- Birds of Prey
- Bad Boys for Life
- I'm Livin' It
- P Storm
- Black and Blue
- Crazy Rich Asians
- El Camino
- My Spy
- Charlie's Angels
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Lau Dan - Come Home Love: Lo and Behold