I was recently challenged on Twitter to post my 10 favourite movies. Here were my choices (in order of posting):
1. Inception - the concept was mind-blowing and the film was a masterpiece by Christopher Nolan.
2. Inside Out - surprising how well Pixar was able to distill the inner workings of the mind into cute little characters.
3. Avengers: Infinity War - an epic culmination to a 10 year journey.
4. Wonder Woman - a kick-ass female superhero and one of my favourite movie quotes: "When it comes to procreation, men are essential, but for pleasure, not necessary."
5. The Imitation Game - a cool movie that got the gears in my mind turning.
6. Shaolin Soccer - my absolute favourite as a kid. Must have watched it 7+ times.
7. Love Undercover - one of the first films I watched of Miriam Yeung. Been a fan since.
8. Zootopia - spot-on commentary for today's society.
9. Gone Girl - an amazing thriller that takes many turns.
10. Eye in the Sky - it is breathlessly intense and Helen Mirren is phenomenal.
Honourable Mention: Black Panther - I would have included it, but I figured there was enough representation of superhero movies in my list. Still a stellar film.
What are your favourite movies?
I didn't see a lot of the movies on your list so I can't judge. I'm surprised you have so many american movies since you seem to like a lot of chinese tv shows. I didn't really like 'inside out', I thought it was a bit depressing. 'love undercover' is also my first Miriam and it also made me a fan of hers.ReplyDelete
have a lovely day.
Yay, fellow Miriam fan! I watch TVB dramas, but mostly American movies. Quality of HK films is not what it used to be.Delete