What is the Liebster Award?
There isn't actually an "award" presented to someone like the TVB Anniversary Awards. The Liebster Award can best be described as a sort of "shout-out" from the nominator to help promote blogs that they like. It also allows readers of the nominee blog to find out a bit more about the blog writer.
1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer your nominator's set of questions
3. Devise your own set of 10 questions
4. Nominate 10 other blogs
5. Notify your nominees that they have been nominated
Now let's get to answering the questions!
misscupcakees from A Fairytale World
1. How did you get into blogging about drama?
I wanted to try my hand at blogging, so I decided to choose a topic that I could talk a lot about – TVB.
2. What is your all-time favourite drama troupe that you can watch over and over again?
Actually I'd rather see some fresh combinations out of TVB, but I suppose the Jonathan Chik crew (Moses, Kenny, Bowie, Charmaine, Maggie, etc) is okay to watch in various combinations. If only his dramas weren't so confusing though...
3. Who is your favourite OTP and why?
I can only think of Mandy Wong and Benjamin Yuen from The Hippocratic Crush II right now. They had a lot of playful gestures in the background that made them seem like a real couple.
4. Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
Chilam Cheung in Triumph in the Skies II. I think Chilam-Fala was a better match than Francis-Fala.
5. What is your favourite MV? Link me please!
Joey Yung's "Skylight" (天窗)
6. What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
Bullet Brain. Can't believe I finished that. If you want to know why, read my review.
7. Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
The poor girl is controlled by an unknown master, whose identity is unknown to her. She is ordered to get close to the rich guy to obtain trade secrets. She uses a combination of seduction and treachery to get close to the guy. Unlike most dramas, she does not fall for him or feel guilty about her actions. In the end, it is revealed that the unknown master is _________
8. Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them to even do anything?
Guys (or girls, for that matter) holding guns.
9. What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
I am completing my Bachelor of Business Administration degree at the University of Toronto.
10. What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside?
I live in Toronto. Being a Chinese history buff, I want to see the Great Wall of China and Terracotta Warriors one day. I would also love to tour TVB City.
love_of_tvb from TVB and Thai Lakorns
1. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
Favourite actor is Ruco Chan and favourite actress is Kate Tsui.
2. What is your all-time favourite series?
I listed several of my all-time favourite series in this post. If I had to choose only one, I would say War and Beauty because it was classic palace scheming. Nothing has been comparable in terms of intensity and level of scheming.
3. Who are your favourite on-screen and off-screen pairing?
The cutest on and off-screen pair ever.
4. Who is your favourite singer (can be an individual, band, or group)?
Right now, Joey Yung. Used to love Miriam Yeung, but she hasn't had many new releases lately.
5. How long have you been watching TVB or dramas in general? And do you watch other dramas from other countries, besides TVB?
The first drama I remember watching was Detective Investigative Files. That was in 1995, so almost 20 years. But I don't remember what many of the old dramas were about. I don't tend to watch dramas other than TVB, but I recently finished the Mainland drama The Legend of Kublai Khan.
6. How long have you been in the blogging world?
Since July 8, 2012, so about a year and a half now.
7. What part of the world do you live in? (You can be specific or not.)
8. How old are you? (You can give an age group.)
9. What are you studying, and what major? If you’re working, then what field?
I'm completing my Bachelor of Business Administration degree at the University of Toronto.
10. List five facts about yourself.
I am a Leo. I am a night owl. I have no musical skills whatsoever. I am very indecisive, even over small things. My pet peeve is people who don't stop talking.
Ginny from TVB Perspective
1. What is the last TVB series you watched?
Last completed series was Gilded Chopsticks. Currently watching Storm in a Cocoon and Ruse of Engagement.
2. When did you start blogging?
July 8, 2012. Here was my first post: Welcome!
3. What languages do you speak/write?
I can speak and write fluently in English and Chinese (Cantonese). Really glad I can understand Chinese because I can watch dramas without subtitles.
4. Have you met any celebrities in the past, and if so who and where?
I bumped into several stars when I was in Hong Kong - Ruco Chan, Louise Lee, Benz Hui, Jack Wu, Divas in Distress cast. I've also seen some stars who have come to Toronto for performances. I have a tag for all my Star Sightings.
5. What is your favourite food?
6. What types of series do you usually prefer? (crime, historical, romantic, legal, etc)
My favourite are investigative-type series, so police or legal dramas fit the bill. I like historical dramas that deal with palace or politics. Not the biggest fan of cheesy romantic series.
7. Where are you from?
I live in Toronto.
8. Do you have any siblings?
I have a younger sister.
9. What are your hobbies?
Aside from watching dramas and blogging, I love watching hockey.
10. What do you like about blogging?
I love being able to freely share my thoughts, news or information with fellow TVB fans. It is a great motivation for me when other people say that they find my posts to be interesting or informative. I also take a lot of pride in watching my blog grow.
Here are my questions for other bloggers:
1. Most recent drama that you finished
2. A drama that you have re-watched more than once
3. If you could travel back in time to meet someone, who would you want to meet?
4. Least favourite character from a drama
5. See my answer above to #7 from misscupcakees' questions ("Poor girl, rich guy..."). Fill in the blank.
6. If you could be in any drama, which drama and what role would you be in?
7. Most inspiring quote from a drama
8. Biggest pet peeve
9. If you could be invisible, what is one thing you would do?
10. Name a weird piece of random trivia that you know (can be TVB-related or not)
AC from My Favourite TVB
Dramalover at TVB Drama Reviews - [Dramalover's answers!]
Foreverlovetvb from Forever Love TVB
Kaptain A from A Virtual Voyage
Lynne from TVB Horizon - [Lynne's answers!]
Mashiro from Random City
Nicole from TVB Lovers
Sandalls and Teddie from TVB: A Way of Thinking
Summer from Just TVB Artist - [Summer's answers!]
Tvbfans from Totally Very Best
My answer to my own questions:
1. Gilded Chopsticks
2. The Conqueror's Story. I watched it when I was young and watched it again recently to learn about the history.
3. Kublai Khan, because I just finished watching a drama about him.
4. Sire Ma in Bullet Brain. Actually, Sire Ma in just about anything.
5. The unknown master is the rich guy. He set her up to get close to himself because he liked her and wanted to create an opportunity to be close to her.
6. I’d like to be a highly-intelligent criminal in a police drama (like Tavia’s role in the Sky Eye sales presentation clip). I would be a criminal that can outwit the police and doesn't get caught in the end.
7. “Life is like a bus ride. Some people get on, some people get off.” said by Ben Wong in A Great Way to Care II. This quote helped me understand to let go of the old and welcome new people in my life.
8. People who don't know when to stop talking
9. I'd probably follow celebrities around and see what they do away from cameras.
10. The City of London is a city in a city in a country in a country. Watch this video to find out why.