Thursday, December 31, 2015

Miriam Yeung - Just Right


Miriam Yeung's songs this year has mirrored my own attitudes. At the beginning of the year, she brought us "The Best Debt", a song about a lost friendship. It spoke right to my heart because of my yearning to reconnect with an old friend. Now, Miriam brings us "Just Right" (剛剛好). It has a calming melody composed by Eason Chan, with lyrics written by Lin Xi. Both of them also make an appearance in the MV.

Sometimes fate has a weird way of working things out. Things may not go your way initially, but in the end, it turns out to be "just right". Looking back, I am actually glad that things happened the way it did, even though, for the longest time, I had desperately wished for a different way. But now, I realize how content I am with my current life and it wouldn't be like this if things had happened differently. I no longer hope to change the past, instead I have learned to appreciate how the past has shaped my present. As we get ready to step into the new year, I know that I have finally, and truly, let go of the past and I am excited to move forward.

To everyone, may you find peace and happiness in 2016 and may everything turn out to be just right for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment